Every house is built upon a foundation. The Vineyard is built upon the foundation of our theology (how we think about God) and our values (the kinds of ideas and attitudes that we feel are important). Values concern what a church feels like, its atmosphere and ethos. It is possible for two churches to believe exactly the same doctrine, but feel very different because of different value systems.
Here are some of the things that we value at the Vineyard:
- Responsiveness - We believe that Jesus is our Head and the Holy Spirit our Counselor. We seek to be responsive to the leading of the Holy Spirit in every area of the church’s life and ministry.
- Reality - We want every expression of ours (speech, music, architecture, or manner) to be non-hyped, natural, and reality based.
- Relevance - We want to use music, terminology, and outreach methods that are in touch with the current culture of our community.
- Relationships - We don’t want just a collection of individuals or a large crowd. God is looking for a people; a community who share a corporate value system. Following Jesus happens in the context of relationships, not in isolation.
- Righteousness - We seek completely truthful, consistent and open relationships with God, with others, and with ourselves.
We also align with the Vineyard movement's Core Values.